Skip to main content

Alzheimer's Quilt

Auction quilt for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative
I have just finished making a small donation quilt for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) founded by Ami Simms. Rules for making a donation quilt can be found on her web site. The address is:
http://www.alzquilts.org/index.html

Just click on the link on the left side for Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts to see the rules for submission of quilts.

The information about my quilt #2755 is listed on the link below and a picture of my quilt should be posted any day now. The link for quilts waiting for assignment is:
http://www.alzquilts.org/quwaas.html

Quilts are auctioned off monthly.  You can donate a quilt and bid on a quilt for sale to help support this worthy cause.  The latest auction of quilts is found on this link:  http://www.alzquilts.org/loatallqu.html

Update 10/30/08: I recently learned that my quilt was purchased and that it earned $49.70 for AAQI.  Not bad for a tiny quilt that's only 8.5" x 11" in size.

Comments

AmiSimms said…
Virginia,
What a great quilt! It was on the top of my basket to photograph the other day and it stopped me right in my tracks. Awesome fabric!

Thanks for helping me get the word out by posting on your blog.

Ami Simms
Ginny said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginny said…
Dear Ami,
Thank you for your very nice comments about my quilt. To save you some time and trouble, I sent an attached photo of my quilt to Diane awhile back. You may want to check with her if you haven't already taken a picture of my quilt.

I don't know how you keep track of all the donations you receive! I am amazed at how many quilts have been added since I sent mine in.

I can't wait to see the photo of my quilt posted. I am proud to have played a small part in this wonderful fund raising initiative of yours. Keep up the good work.

Virginia
Quilt #2755

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon Over Stonehenge

I made this small (12"x12") art quilt for the 2016 SAQA Benefit Auction .  It's called, "Full Moon Over Stonehenge." I used a navy-blue speckled fabric for the night sky background.  I bought some Stonehenge fabrics by Northcott that I used for the vertical sarsen stones and the horizontal lintel stone.  The moon is a piece of very thin, silver lamé fabric, which I bonded to the background with Mistyfuse.  Within the radiating quilting lines, I added some Swarovski crystals for stars.  (It sold for $150.)

Thread Cabinet

By chance, I found this vintage four-drawer silverware cabinet (in like-new condition) in an antiques  warehouse near where I live.  I thought that it could be re-purposed as a sewing thread cabinet so I bought it.  I really love it!  I didn't realize how many spools of thread I had until I started to organize them into one place.  Not only can I see how many and what colors I have, I can see what colors I still need to add to my thread collection.  So far, I have almost filled three of the four drawers. (My little treadle sewing machine music box is sitting on top of a small art quilt made by the late Karen Loprete.) My Thread Cabinet

Veterans Quilt

Veterans Quilt