Skip to main content

Wedding Quilt

Update - The Wedding Quilt / Family Tree Quilted is finally quilted!  I think it came out really nice.






Wedding Quilt - quilted!

In 2009, I made a wedding quilt for my son and his wife. I have the top all completed, now I just need to quilt it! It is really a family tree.  On the bottom, I have my parents (left) and my husband's parents (right) with my husband and I in the middle.  In the middle row, I have the bride's mother and step-father (left side) and her father and step-mother on the right side.  At the top left, I have her maternal grandparents and on the top right, I have her paternal grandparents.  In the top center, I placed a copy of their wedding invitation.  All the pictures are in black and white except for the happy couple in the very center of the quilt that are printed in color.  I am very pleased with the way it came out and I know that when I finish quilting the whole thing, it will look even nicer.

Wedding Quilt - 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon Over Stonehenge

I made this small (12"x12") art quilt for the 2016 SAQA Benefit Auction .  It's called, "Full Moon Over Stonehenge." I used a navy-blue speckled fabric for the night sky background.  I bought some Stonehenge fabrics by Northcott that I used for the vertical sarsen stones and the horizontal lintel stone.  The moon is a piece of very thin, silver lamé fabric, which I bonded to the background with Mistyfuse.  Within the radiating quilting lines, I added some Swarovski crystals for stars.  (It sold for $150.)

Thread Cabinet

By chance, I found this vintage four-drawer silverware cabinet (in like-new condition) in an antiques  warehouse near where I live.  I thought that it could be re-purposed as a sewing thread cabinet so I bought it.  I really love it!  I didn't realize how many spools of thread I had until I started to organize them into one place.  Not only can I see how many and what colors I have, I can see what colors I still need to add to my thread collection.  So far, I have almost filled three of the four drawers. (My little treadle sewing machine music box is sitting on top of a small art quilt made by the late Karen Loprete.) My Thread Cabinet

Veterans Quilt

Veterans Quilt