Friday, June 17, 2016

Full Moon Over Stonehenge


I made this small (12"x12") art quilt for the 2016 SAQA Benefit Auction.  It's called, "Full Moon Over Stonehenge." I used a navy-blue speckled fabric for the night sky background.  I bought some Stonehenge fabrics by Northcott that I used for the vertical sarsen stones and the horizontal lintel stone.  The moon is a piece of very thin, silver lamé fabric, which I bonded to the background with Mistyfuse.  Within the radiating quilting lines, I added some Swarovski crystals for stars. (It sold for $150.)

Full Moon Over Stonehenge  ©2016



2 comments:

Quilt Inspiration said...

Hello, I just discovered this post and your lovely mini quilt. You really captured the feeling of Stonehenge under the full moon. Beautiful job! Best wishes for the SAQA auction.

Virginia said...

Thank you for leaving a comment about my Stonehenge quilt. I am very glad that you liked it!